Submissions are now open to perform in one of Melbourne’s key winter arts events. Over the past six years, the Melbourne Cabaret Festival has grown to become an iconic Melbourne event much loved by audiences and performers. Join us in 2016, from Wednesday 15 to Sunday 26 June.
Submissions close at the end of January however we encourage you to submit now so we can begin conversations with you and Festival venues.
What we’re looking for:
- We love a well written and crafted show that has high entertainment value and is thought provoking.
- Originality floats our boat, as does strong concepts that we can market.
- New shows: festivals are a terrific medium to introduce premieres!
- We love shows that break down stereotypes of what often pops in people’s minds when you say ‘cabaret’.
- We present a highly diverse program to cater for different tastes – for example we always pick at least one funny cabaret show, one show that appeals to a gay audience, a second language show, a jazz based cabaret show etc.
We really like shows that provide us with sufficient material to enable us to promote you. Things like:
- multiple high res images that catch the eye and that print and online media will love;
- a brief professional video promotion that keeps a viewer watching till the end;
- evocative descriptions of your show; and
- shows/performers that are highly engaged on social media channels.